It is always an important decision whether or not to install carpets into your home, however, given the look and feel of carpets, it is often an easy decision. Carpets are massively popular in households throughout the UK, but it is integral that you are able to maintain your carpets to the best possible standard to ensure that they last long. Industry experts often suggest that carpets require routine maintenance and cleaning in order to preserve their appearance. Carpets that are not regularly cleaned can often harbour many unwanted germs and stains. Not only can this visually impair the appearance of your carpet but it can also expose you and your guests to the germs that are stored in the carpet.
Aside from the stains that can make your carpets visually impairing, if your carpets are not cleaned regularly then they can give off an odour that is very much unwanted. As a result of this, it is of paramount importance than you monitor and deal with any stains you have on your carpets. By ensuring that your carpet is correctly deodorised you can, in turn, ensure that your carpets smell fresh for any visitors you bring to your home.
It is often advisable to engage with a local carpet cleaning company to determine exactly what issues you have with your neglected carpets. However, for quick wins, please see below a guideline we are created for easy do it yourself carpet deodorisation.
What will you need:
- Baking soda powder
- Warm water
- White Vinegar
- Empty spray bottle
- Essential oils e.g. clove oil
- Vacuum cleaner
The steps you need to follow:
- If your carpet is giving off an unwanted odour then you will need to treat the stain first. Rinse a cloth in warm water and detergent then proceed to gently dab the stain with the cloth.
- Add both warm water and white vinegar into the empty spray bottle and mix well. You can also add essential oil to this step for improved results.
- Now spray the solution over the total surface of the carpet. Once all of the surface area of your carpet has been sprayed, give it 10 mins to soak into the carpet.
- Once the solution has been applied, sprinkle baking soda across the carpet, targetting stained areas as a priority. Once this step is complete, please give the carpet around 50 minutes to soak up all of the powder and solution.
- It is worth noting that botht he white vinegar and baking soda have strong odour removing qualities along with strong disinfectant properties.
- Once you have waited around 50 minutes, you can then use your vacuum cleaner across all of the targetted areas in order to remove any of the residue or materials left such as baking soda.
- After you are complete the vacuum cleaner process, you should be able to visibly notice a difference with your carpet both visually and from an odour perspective.
Prefer to trust someone else?
Ensuring that you keep your carpets looking and smelling fresh is fundamental to any home. However, it is worth noting that the above solution is something that will work in most ‘home’ based cases, but there will come a time where you will need to engage with a professional carpet cleaner in your area to fully remove certain stains and odours. Given the extensive experience and knowledge that professional companies have, no job is too big or small.
Never let an unclean carpet ruin your peace of mind. Act today!